[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Should we check each argument of public gnutls functions to prevent crashes ? (#763)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri May 10 23:19:22 CEST 2019

We should combine this with `_Nonnull` resp. `__attribute__ ((nonnull))`. Any pointer argument that isn't checked against NULL should have this attribute. That definitely helps static analyzers to find possible crashes, but it doesn't help applications if their devs don't use them. Also, gcc tends to optimize away param checks against NULL if the param is tagged nonnull.