[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | multiple issues in handling KeyUpdate messages (#699)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon May 20 21:55:09 CEST 2019

Something being valid is most of the times not enough to allow it in an implementation. It was also valid to send an infinite number of alerts, but we stopped that to avoid the DoS. We can have no limits an be re-active on the next attack, or put limits to prevent situations which do not make much sense. I'm in favor of the latter approach.