[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Unexpected TLS packet during handshake with Twitter.com (#841)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Oct 1 20:18:28 CEST 2019

IBBoard commented:

I wasn't sure how frequently it would occur or whether it was time related, so 60 calls two seconds apart seemed like a start!

I've tweaked it slightly so that it stopped after one failure, ran it again and got an error on the second request. The attached covers the one success and the one failure. All that I added to the log is a marker line where the app says it failed.

[bug841.log](/uploads/49fc21f9eabecaec6bc9a97f66cbb412/bug841.log)

[bug841.pcap](/uploads/135d04cbe99e8c889ad7de70afb3b81e/bug841.pcap)

I've got the SSL key log file as well, but as I can see the Hellos without it then I'm guessing it's not necessary (but it's all fake requests without user info anyway so it should be safe to let people decrypt).