[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Unexpected TLS packet during handshake with Twitter.com (#841)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Oct 7 20:52:50 CEST 2019

IBBoard commented:

I've got autogen.

```
$ autogen -v
autogen (GNU AutoGen) 5.18.16
```

It's autogen that's throwing the "fserr 2". All I've been able to find is message 4F4A8829.4080404{at}cs.uni-kl.de from 2012, so I assume it's a fixed issue and I've done something wrong rather than it being a bug or a regression.

Testing from 3.6.10 tarball, I regularly (maybe every other request, on average) get:

```
- Connecting again- trying to resume previous session
Resolving 'api.twitter.com:443'...
Connecting to '104.244.42.66:443'...
*** Fatal error: An unexpected TLS packet was received.
```

With that patch applied I've just done 50 requests in a row without a single error! It logs:

```
- Connecting again- trying to resume previous session
Resolving 'api.twitter.com:443'...
Connecting to '104.244.42.66:443'...
- Session ID: …
- Resume Handshake was completed