[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls_session_set_secret_hook_function: new function (!1112)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Oct 29 13:41:40 CET 2019

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on lib/constate.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1112#note_237259181

>  		ret = _tls13_expand_secret(session, "iv", 2, NULL, 0, session->key.proto.tls13.ap_ckey, iv_size, iv_block);
>  		if (ret < 0)
>  			return gnutls_assert_val(ret);
> +

In the similar `gnutls_handshake_hook_func` the callback can determine when this was called (i.e., in that case, at which handshake message). Do we want something similar here? Would it have value for the callback to say that it is only checking the server handshake traffic secret vs the early exporter?