[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Do not forbid excess random padding in TLS1.x CBC ciphersuites (!1054)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Sep 9 13:35:29 CEST 2019

Hubert Kario (@mention me if you need reply) commented:

so the "maximum" in the below
```
ciphers to ensure we interoperate with gnutls 2.12.x which could add padding data exceeding the maximum
```
is the maximum that GnuTLS supports/expects? If so, I think it should be indicated as such in the comment.

so I guess we need `test-atypical-padding.py` and `test-SSLv3-padding.py` to generate those "max padding" records together with ciphers that use SHA256, SHA384 and application data that is 2**14 bytes long?