[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Support QUIC TLS API (#826)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Sep 16 16:04:44 CEST 2019

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/826#note_217655808

For (1) I think there are two approaches: put all callbacks in a struct, or define each callback separately. The former makes it clear that the caller must set all callbacks to use QUIC functionality, while the latter would provide future extensibility if more callbacks are needed. Since QUIC is not yet finalized, I am leaning towards the latter approach: for secret retrieval, maybe something like:
```c
typedef void (*gnutls_secret_hook_func)(gnutls_session_t session,
                                        unsigned int epoch,
                                        unsigned int incoming,
                                        const gnutls_datum_t *secret);

void gnutls_set_secret_hook_function(gnutls_session_t session,
                                     gnutls_secret_hook_func func);
```

For (2), as GnuTLS supports keylog file:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/NSS/Key_Log_Format

you could `git grep` with the label in the source code, e.g., "CLIENT_EARLY_TRAFFIC_SECRET".