[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | ocsp status request docs misleading (#829)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Sep 20 21:08:16 CEST 2019

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos commented:

@jgh reading the docs what I get is that this function is usable when the server verifies the client certificate, e.g.,  using `gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2`. In that case a TLS1.3 server may want to see whether an OCSP response was included, and that's my understanding of the use of this function by reading the docs. Were you using it in that case, or your goal was the observation of the stapling request only and that mislead you?