[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | status-request-revoked test fails after 2020-10-24 (#967)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Apr 3 03:14:16 CEST 2020

Bernhard M_ Wiedemann created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/967

While working on reproducible builds for openSUSE, I found that
our gnutls package fails to build after 2020-10-24
because ca_cert_pem in `tests/status-request-revoked.c` has

```
  Not Before: Thu Oct 24 14:03:00 UTC 2019
  Not After: Sat Oct 24 14:03:00 UTC 2020
```

If you renew it (e.g. with certtool -u), please make it valid until at least 2049.

Background:
As part of my work on reproducible builds for openSUSE, I check that software still gives identical build results in the future.
The usual offset is +15 years, because that is how long I expect some software will be used in some places.
This showed up failing tests in our package build.
See https://reproducible-builds.org/ for why this matters.