[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Cannot connect to github.com, download.mono-project.com (#990)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Aug 12 12:33:07 CEST 2020

Maarten Boekhold commented:

Hi all, probably one of the last updates to this issue. In the last few days I've seen a few reports that China is now blocking TLS1.3 connections that use ESNI:

https://www.theregister.com/2020/08/11/china_blocking_tls_1_3_esni/

I strongly suspect that this same blocking is happening in the UAE, which is probably causing my issue. If so, there's nothing to do about it from my end except the system-wide block on using TLS1.3 that I've now configured on my workstation.

This could become a real problem once more and more web sites are going to *require* TLS1.3 + ESNI...