[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls-serv: Echo mode and line endings (#1073)

Sat Aug 22 19:55:28 CEST 2020

Albrecht Dreß created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1073

## Description of the feature:
In “Echo” mode, `gnutls-serv` always replaces CRLF line endings by LF by [unconditionally calling `strip()`](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/blob/master/src/serv.c#L1061).  It would be nice to have an option to switch this off, similar to the cli's `--crlf` option.

## Applications that this feature may be relevant to:
I use the Echo server for testing libraries and applications, implementing, inter alia, protocols like SMTP or POP3 which *rely* upon CRLF line endings according to the standards.  If the CRLF-terminated message sent to the Echo server is returned *without* the CR, the tests fail.  I hacked `gnutls-serv` by just commenting out the aforementioned call, but this is no “real” solution IMHO…

## Is this feature implemented in other libraries (and which)
IIRC, older versions of `gnutls-serv` (e.g. in Ubuntu 18.04) did *not* replace the CRLF by LF.