[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | DH RFC7919 negotiation not enabled automatically (#1077)

Sat Aug 29 18:01:41 CEST 2020

Andreas Metzler commented:

On 2020-08-29 Daiki Ueno @dueno commented:
> I'd say this is purely a documentation issue, given:
> - `gnutls_certificate_set_known_dh_params` is deprecated as well
> - there is no way for the server to determine which FFDHE params they should use without hint from external (either by `gnutls_certificate_set_known_dh_params` or the "supported_groups" extension sent by the client)

Hello,

do you think it is preferable to not offer TLS1.2 DHE ciphers suites than doing something equal to gnutls_certificate_set_known_dh_params() by default? If so, why? Could you perhaps try to explain this a little bit? - TIA
(The reasons given above afaict do not answer this question but sidestep it.)

cu Andreas