[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: Add option to store all stapled OCSP responses to gnutls-cli (!1189)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Feb 8 12:47:58 CET 2020

Airtower commented:

The option is specifically intended to check OCSP stapling, so yes, recording only stapled responses is intentional. STATUS_REQUEST_V2 is obsoleted by TLS 1.3, the stapled responses are carried in extensions to the CertificateEntry ([RFC 8446, Section 4.4.2.1](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8446#section-4.4.2.1)) so multi-stapling is supported by default.

Unfortunately I don't know any public website that uses multi-stapling, and the only web server implementation I'm aware supports it is Apache with mod_gnutls 0.10 (which I released on Monday). Testing that is how I noticed the limitations in `gnutls-cli` described in #904.