[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | aead_decrypt broken on armeb (#941)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 17 22:25:36 CET 2020

Andrew Aladjev created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/941

Hello. I was building gentoo test images using `qemu-user`. `aarch64` little/big endian works perfect, `arm` too. I've stopped on `armeb`, portage is not able to sync.

Gentoo portage depends on gemato, gemato depends on gnupg, gnupg hard depends on gnutls. It is not possible to move to openssl.

I've debugged it a bit: `_gnutls_aead_cipher_decrypt` returns `-24 GNUTLS_E_DECRYPTION_FAILED`. I've launched tests: more than 80% failed. We can see that `_gnutls_aead_cipher_decrypt` is just a wrapper for something from `lib/accelerated`. So something around this folder is broken.

I will try to fix it, please let me know if you can help with that. Thank you.