[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | RFC: ephemeral-api: add a mechanism to define ephemeral API (!1199)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Feb 28 15:45:35 CET 2020
Daiki Ueno created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1199
Branches: tmp-ephemeral-api to master
Author: Daiki Ueno
Background: we are currently implementing ESNI and QUIC support API in GnuTLS. The problem is that those protocols are not finalized yet and we cannot know if those API functions will be necessary in the final versions of the protocols, while we need to assure ABI stability to some degree.
This adds a header trick to expose private variable through a new private function `_gnutls_ephemeral_get`, which returns an internal function symbol.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [x] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1199
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel