[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Speed up CI with more parallelization (#897)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jan 3 20:21:07 CET 2020

Tim Rühsen commented:

Well, just give it a try :-)

My thoughts: since we only have one CPU core in a CI, -j2 makes sense for CPU intensive jobs with slightly I/O - like for compiling and linking. Since our test suite often waits with 0% CPU, a slightly larger value would be better. I tried -j10 just as a quick shot. -j4 or -j5 is likely better since with too many parallel CPU intensive processes we might see avoidable cache misses which even slow down the overall time.

You can checkout / clone branch `tmp-ci-parallel-tests` from https://gitlab.com/rockdaboot/gnutls.git, change the values and push it.