[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Compiled-in, yet unsupported by default, TLS versions (!1157)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Jan 8 04:18:37 CET 2020

Dimitri John Ledkov started a new discussion on lib/algorithms/protocols.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1157#note_268397528

>  	 .major = 3,
>  	 .minor = 1,
>  	 .transport = GNUTLS_STREAM,
> -	 .supported = 1,
> +	 .supported = TLS1_0_SUPPORTED,

I've addressed to ensure that `disabled-version =` trumps `supported-version =`, whilst both fiddle with `.supported` field.

I now wonder if the code will be simpler if I use `supported-version =` config option to toggle `.obsolete = TLS1_0_SUPPORTED` field. Thus, keeping it completely separate from `disabled-version=`/`.supported`.