[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | algorithms: implement X448 key exchange and Ed448 signature scheme (!984)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Jan 14 16:41:21 CET 2020

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos commented:

I would like to comment on the conditional nature of supporting x448. The issues that I see, is (a) it will make the question does gnutls support x448 complex to answer (if nettle supports it, and if gnutls is build with this nettle) and (b) it makes it harder to reliably test that algorithm on CI (you actually handle this by adding a test, but no asan/ubsan or valgrind tests are run on that). We may need more complex APIs to handle these in a developer-friendly way to answer questions such as "how can I check if x448 is supported in my application?". Should we ask instead @nielsmoller for a release on nettle?