[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | no such instruction: `xgetbv' when compiling for macOS (#914)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jan 24 14:58:00 CET 2020

Pierre Ossman (Work account) commented:

I would guess it's just a more up to date toolchain. As I mentioned, we have a rather old cctools. We also use gcc rather than clang (we want to have the same compiler for all our targets).

Any idea if the configure script can detect what instructions are supported and adapt the build? An upgrade of our toolchain is unfortunate non-trivial and we'd like to avoid having to do that right now.