[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | cve-2019-3829 testcase does not trigger error (#1021)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Jun 8 18:28:07 CEST 2020

Andreas Metzler commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1021#note_357440801

Daiki Ueno @dueno wroter

>>     because then the test could show up as skipped, although most of the tests actually ran.
>
> I wonder why it is treated as skipped; do you mean in case datefudge is not installed?

Yes, exactly. This test script contains half a dozen tests, all but one run (or are supposed to work correctly) without datefudge. I was wondering what to do when datefudge was unavailable. - Skipping all tests looked wrong to me, but running all but the last one makes the EXITSTATUS 77 look wrong, too.

Your patch looks good. Thanks