[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Please update OpenSSL / cryptograms to 3.0.0-alpha1 or higher (#1043)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jun 26 16:53:24 CEST 2020

Anderson Sasaki commented:

Hello @xnox,

I started the effort of bringing Intel CET support to GnuTLS not so long ago. Investigating what changes would be required, I found the problem you mentioned (missing changes in the OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable branch). That also lead to the problem brought by the change in OpenSSL license to Apache Software License 2.0, which conflicts with the licenses required when GnuTLS is linked with typically used dependencies (like GMP).

To avoid the license issue and bring the Intel CET support, we plan to obtain CRYPTOGAMS code directly from its repository, https://github.com/dot-asm/cryptogams. The problem is there are some files used by GnuTLS still missing there, which is tracked by https://github.com/dot-asm/cryptogams/issues/7.

Once the required files are in place we will get back to this.