[gnutls-devel] libtasn1 | Add release script and announcement template [skip ci] (!57)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Mar 16 22:46:04 CET 2020

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57 was reviewed by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on devel/release: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57#note_305856037

> +echo
> +while true; do
> +  echo -n "Alpha or Regular release ? [r/A] "

Do we need this? We don't have alpha releases.

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on devel/release: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57#note_305856038

> +done
> +
> +x=$(gpg --list-secret-keys 2>/dev/null|grep ^sec|awk '{ print $2 }')

The following code seems to be reimplementing gnupload.
It seems equivalent to: `build-aux/gnupload --to ftp.gnu.org:libtasn1 ${app_tarball}`

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on devel/announcement_template.txt: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57#note_305856039

> +GNU Libtasn1 is a standalone library written in C for manipulating ASN.1
> +objects including DER/BER encoding/decoding.  GNU Libtasn1 is used by
> +GnuTLS to handle X.509 structures and by GNU Shishi to handle Kerberos

GNU Shishi is long dead as far as I know. I do not think there is any reason to mention it here.

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on devel/announcement_template.txt: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57#note_305856040

> +V5 structures.
> +
> +* Noteworthy changes in release 2.12 (2012-03-19) [stable]

This doesn't seem like a template to me.

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on devel/announcement_template.txt: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1/-/merge_requests/57#note_305856042

> +  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtasn1/libtasn1-2.12.tar.gz.sig
> +
> +We publish Windows binaries for this release (32 and 64 bits):

Maybe I stop here the review of the template. What's the reason of going back in time? Why not use the latest release template (if we want to use a template)