[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Clarify plans for gost implementation (#942)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Mar 30 16:50:28 CEST 2020

mikhailnov commented:

> I see no problem here. Russian government already signed law about mandatory installation of russian software on any electronic device.
> One of the most important requirement is gost support.

Can you please point to the requirement of gost support for pre-installed software?
I did not find abything about GOST support in pre-installed software in the law: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001201912020057?index=1&rangeSize=1

> I am living in post-USSR country and know what political question "gost" is a part of.

Why do other people living there do not know this?

Yes, the way S-Boxes were created is not known, what next? There is no working exploit which would prove that GOST cryptography is insecure for daily usage.

Why are you trying to make GOST disabled by default based only of your fantasies and assumptions and do not fight against other algorithms? Why must people who need GOST support in open source software (like me, for example) suffer from your not healthy fantasies?

I have written this because you are fighting against GOST support in various open source software.