[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Cannot connect to github.com, download.mono-project.com (#990)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat May 9 08:06:10 CEST 2020

Maarten Boekhold commented:

OK, this is depressing. I just fired up an Ubuntu Server 20.04 instance on AWS in eu-west-1a, and from there everything is working fine. Same version of the libgnutls30 and git packages.

I'll leave aside for a moment the possibility that my router has anything to do with this (Ubiquity EdgeRouter-X FYI).

So I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with traffic shaping/DPI that my telco provider is doing. I'm located in the UAE, where all traffic is monitored by the 2 telco providers.

I need to reiterate however that OpenSSL-based applications seem to be tolerant to this.