[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GnuTLS leaks file descriptors in child processes (#985)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon May 11 16:35:24 CEST 2020

Tim Rühsen commented:

I agree with @Courmisch.

We should add the 'open' gnulib module to `bootstrap.conf` which seems to provide a portable version of O_CLOEXEC (portable = best effort) for old or non-POSIX systems.

The GNU libc allows 'e' for the fopen mode (Open the file with the O_CLOEXEC flag). I don't know how portable that is. It looks like gnulib doesn't support it explicitly - we could ask there to provide a compatibility layer.