[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Update session_ticket.c to add support for zero length session tickets returned from the server (!1260)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed May 27 19:34:08 CEST 2020

rrivers2 commented:

@ametzler I believe the issue is related to older versions of GnuTLS.  The version I was using was 3.5.18 included with Ubuntu 18.04.4.  Another user on the launchpad bug report stated that Debian 9 has the same issue but didn't report the version of GnuTLS.

I think the 3.6 branch uses TLS1.3 which the server returns a valid session ticket and isn't an issue.  It is only with older versions that use TLS1.2 and below that the server returns the zero length session ticket and the problem exists.