[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: AIA callback to retrieve missing chain certificates (!1262)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri May 29 19:22:32 CEST 2020

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1262 was reviewed by Daiki Ueno

--

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on lib/includes/gnutls/abstract.h: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1262#note_352074038

> +typedef int gnutls_trust_list_getissuer_function(gnutls_x509_crt_t crt,
> +                                                 gnutls_x509_crt_t issuer);

Yes, that's right, thanks!

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/x509/verify.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1262#note_352074040

> +                        ret = tlist->issuer_callback(tlist, cert, issuer);
> +                        if (ret < 0) {
> +                        /* if the callback fails, continue as though the callback

This part is still not indented properly. Also note, while the Linux kernel coding style doesn't explicitly mention whether to use hard tabs or spaces, we extensively use tabs for indent as the coding style implicitly suggests as part of its [Emacs configuration](https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.6/process/coding-style.html#you-ve-made-a-mess-of-it).

Looks like your new code is indented only with spaces. I would not force you to switch to using Emacs, but you might want to try the auto indent feature. GnuTLS already has a project wide [setup](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/blob/master/.dir-locals.el) for the coding style.