[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | x509: check certificate trust status when adding CA through AIA (!1354)

Mon Nov 30 17:31:50 CET 2020

Michael Catanzaro started a new discussion on lib/cert-cred.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1354#note_457282115

>   * The callback function should return 0 if the missing issuer certificate
>   * for 'crt' was properly populated and added to the 'tlist' using
>   * gnutls_x509_trust_list_add_cas() or non-zero to continue the certificate list
>   * verification but with issuer as %NULL.

Hi, sorry for the delay. I'm testing this now. This last two paragraphs of the documentation are no longer correct: the callback should no longer attempt to verify the certificate or modify the tlist. Instead, it should return 0 if the 'issuers' array was successfully imported, or non-zero to continue the certificate list verification but with issuer as %NULL.