[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | testsuite - inconsistent usage of SERV causing problems when using for CI (#1090)

Sun Sep 13 06:46:13 CEST 2020

Andreas Metzler created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1090

Hello,

big parts of the gnutls-testsuite can be used for testing the installed version of GnuTLS by setting $CLI, $SERV et al.

However _some_ tests use a different convention, they use $GNUTLS_SERV/$GNUTLS_CLI. These often rely on a *unset* $SERV since they use the helper function ```launch_bare_server``` (which invokes $SERV is set) like this

> launch_bare_server $$  "${GNUTLS_SERV}" --options [...]

instead of

> SERV="${SERV:-../src/gnutls-serv${EXEEXT}}"
> launch_bare_server $$ --options [...]

or use ```launch_bare_server``` to start s_server.

Can we unify this? Either by using ${GNUTLS_SERV} everywhere or by using $SERV everyhere and explicitely unsetting SERV when using ```launch_bare_server``` to start s_server.

I can try to come up with a patch if you agree.

cu Andreas