[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Add Linux kernel AF_ALG backend (!1404)

Wed Apr 14 09:29:19 CEST 2021

Stephan Mueller commented on a discussion on lib/accelerated/afalg.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1404#note_551225612

>  				void *dst, size_t dst_size)
>  {
>  	struct kcapi_ctx *ctx = _ctx;
> +	struct iovec iov;
> +
> +	iov.iov_base = (void *)src;
> +	iov.iov_len = src_size;
> +
> +
> +	if(kcapi_aead_stream_update(ctx->handle, &iov, 1) < 0) {

Considering that we only use CBC, _last() should not be needed. But I recommend to add a big fat warning into the code that the _last call is to be added as soon as we have a stream cipher.

That said, it is equally possible to call _last() without any data. But this implies another kernel round trip that adds more time to the processing.