[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | INSTALL.md: Update documentation on building static library (!1462)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Aug 25 21:39:02 CEST 2021
Nick Child created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1462
Project:Branches: nick-child-ibm/gnutls:build_docs to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Nick Child
First off, please forgive me if I am doing this wrong, this is my first attempt at using Gitlab, I am used to using Github for source management and I could not find a mailing list for questions.
Anyways, I was following along with the `INSTALL.md` to build an archive file but I believe the INSTALL documentation is a bit outdated. It seems that the static archive is only buildable with the flag `--enable-static`. The current documentation says that the default behavior is to build both static and shared libraries. After reading the NEWS file and checking out [this](https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/commit/a88eb79d88c53531c49d7cedfce2207f36ac8a9d) commit, it seems the default build process has changed.
I noticed a similar documentation for building and installing Nettle but did not change it since it seems that those instructions are still true: Nettle will still build both static and shared files by default.
Since this is just a documentation issue, I don't think there is much else to be done other than fixing the build instructions but please let me know if there is anything more I can do.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1462
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel