[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | danetool ipv4/ipv6 options (#1180)

Thu Feb 11 12:19:58 CET 2021

Lasse Brandt Thomsen created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1180

## Description of the feature:

I'm trying to verify DANE for some SMTP servers and want to make sure both ipv4 and ipv6 is valid.

Running danetool with `--check` and it connects to the servers over ipv6 to obtain the certificate. But as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to force danetool to connect using ipv4 or forcing it to connect to a different host/ip, than the one provided in `--check`.

Either an option for settings a custom host/ip than `--check` to connect to or options like `-4`/`-6` should do the trick.

## Applications that this feature may be relevant to:

Manual testing or monitoring systems verifying DANE over ipv4 for ipv6 enabled servers.