[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Certificate type handling improvements (!1394)

Fri Feb 26 09:26:16 CET 2021

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1394 was reviewed by Daiki Ueno

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/cert-cred.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1394#note_517745086

>   *
> + * Raw public-keys:
> + * In case raw public-keys are negotiated as certificate type, certifactes

typo: "certifactes"

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/ext/server_cert_type.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1394#note_517745088

> +				cert_type = cert_priorities->priorities[i];
> +
> +				if (_gnutls_session_cert_type_supported(session, cert_type,

I tend to think this function should return a boolean instead of zero-or-negative, as  "git grep" shows all the uses are in `if (...)`?

--

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/ext/server_cert_type.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1394#note_517745092

>  	uint8_t i = 0, num_cert_types = 0;
>  	priority_st* cert_priorities;
>  	gnutls_datum_t tmp_cert_types; // For type conversion

nit: given many of those local variables are not used in the server case, I would suggest moving them to the actual usage below. The same applies to the other extension.