[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | output UTF-8 decoded id-on-xmppAddr SAN's (!1397)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Mar 4 16:46:43 CET 2021
Steffen Jaeckel created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1397
Project:Branches: jaeckel/gnutls:fix-id-on-xmppAddr to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Steffen Jaeckel
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
`gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name()` makes a promise  "If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. ... RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized." which it didn't hold.
Before this patch the output was still in DER format, e.g. for a id-on-xmppAddr which is always UTF-8 (0x0c): `0x0c <len> <xmppAddr>`
This patch fixes the issue and now it returns the decoded string.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1397
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel