[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | certtool: Align warning about --provable with actual code (!1425)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue May 4 21:17:44 CEST 2021
Daniel Kahn Gillmor created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1425
Project:Branches: dkg/gnutls:fix-provable-constraints to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
If I try to generate an ed25519 key, it is *not* an ECDSA key. But I see this warning:
0 dkg at host:~$ certtool --generate-privkey --provable --key-type ed25519
Generating a 256 bit EdDSA (Ed25519) private key ...
The --provable parameter cannot be used with ECDSA keys.
1 dkg at host:~$
Looking at the code and documentation, it's clear that --provable only
works for RSA and DSA. This fix aligns the warning message with the
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1425
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel