[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | priority: rework config reloading logic and locking (!1483)

Tue Nov 2 12:58:25 CET 2021

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on lib/priority.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1483#note_720970920

>  			 * allow it to be updated without restarting
>  			 * all applications
>  			 */
> +			GNUTLS_STATIC_MUTEX_LOCK(system_wide_config_mutex);
>  			_gnutls_update_system_priorities();

The motivation is to make the critical section smaller and more obvious. I agree that having a lock outside the loop would increase performance, though I'd say the usage of mutex here is cheap enough.