[gnutls-devel] libtasn1 | fuzz/corpus2array: fix build with gnu89 (!70)

Wed Aug 17 22:06:51 CEST 2022

Simon Josefsson commented:

The information about GCC 4.8.5 not supporting gnu99/gnu11 seems wrong and got me off track on this -- I have built libtasn1 using GCC 4.1.1 on Debian 4 (in fact, this will be part of future CI/CD) and it seems to support gnu99.  So I could never reproduce the problem.

However now I can reproduce this by `make CC='cc -ansi' WERROR_CFLAGS="-Werror -Dinline= -Wno-unused-function" V=1` (which also will be part of future CI/CD) and fixing so that builds doesn't seem completely unreasonable since it only required a couple of minor patches.  The reason the person did not notice the errors that @rockdaboot got is that they were part of the 'make check' code.