[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | build: allow GMP to be statically linked (!1635)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Aug 19 05:43:05 CEST 2022
Daiki Ueno created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1635
Project:Branches: dueno/gnutls:wip/dueno/gmp-static to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Daiki Ueno
Even though we set the custom allocator to zeroize sensitive data,
it can be easily invalidated if the application sets its own custom
allocator. An approach to prevent that is to link against a static
library of GMP, so the use of GMP is privatized and the custom
allocator configuration is not shared with other applications.
This patch allows libgnutls to be linked with the static library of
GMP. Note that, to this work libgmp.a needs to be compiled with -fPIC
and libhogweed in Nettle is also linked to the static library of GMP.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1635
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel