[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | trust: make filesystem path construction flexible (!1493)

Tue Dec 27 13:24:15 CET 2022

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on lib/pathbuf.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1493#note_1221744032

> + * You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
> + * along with this program.  If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>
> + *
> + */
> +
> +#include "config.h"
> +
> +#include "pathbuf.h"
> +#include "gnutls_int.h"
> +#include <limits.h>
> +#include "intprops.h"
> +
> +static int
> +pathbuf_reserve(struct gnutls_pathbuf_st *buffer, size_t to_add)
> +{
> +	size_t cap;

Yes, I'm aware of that; it is a left-over when I made the logic simpler by not using `INT_ADD_OK` as much as possible, though it didn't help.

Apparently cppcheck does not cope well with "intprops.h" (from Gnulib):
```console
$ git clone --depth=1 https://git.sv.gnu.org/git/gnulib.git
$ cd gnulib
$ ./gnulib-tool --create-testdir --dir t intprops
$ cd t
$ ./configure
$ time cppcheck --force -q -Igllib -Igltests -I. --error-exitcode=1 gltests/test-intprops.c -j2
... never stop ...
```

I'm attempting to report it to the cppcheck upstream, by sending a htpasswd hash through sourceforge messaging as [suggested](https://trac.cppcheck.net/#Reportingaproblemsuggestimprovement), but haven't received response yet.

Perhaps we should make this check weekly instead of per PR.