[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | certtool: only suggest --sec-param if bits matches exactly (!1530)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Feb 10 11:20:03 CET 2022
Daiki Ueno created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1530
Project:Branches: dueno/gnutls:wip/dueno/certtool-pk to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Daiki Ueno
Previously, when generating an RSA key with --bits=4096, certtool suggested:
** Note: You may use '--sec-param High' instead of '--bits 4096'
while the effect is not exactly the same: '--sec-param High' implies
3072 bits. This adds a check whether the --sec-param argument matches
the actual bit length and otherwise omit the warning.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1530
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel