[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | restrict allowlisting api to before priority string initialization (!1533)

Wed Feb 16 20:40:38 CET 2022

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533 was reviewed by Alexander Sosedkin

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/priority.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442627

> +		_gnutls_debug_log("cfg: unable to construct "
> +				  "system-wide priority string: %s",
> +				  strerror(ret));

right, fixed

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/priority.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442629

> -		goto out;
> +	if (system_priority_file_loaded) {
> +		system_priority_file_loaded = \

OK

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/priority.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442631

> -	ret = _gnutls_update_system_priorities();
> +	ret = _gnutls_update_system_priorities(1 /* defer_system_wide */);

replaced `1` with `true`

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/priority.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442634

>  	 */
> -	ret = _gnutls_update_system_priorities();
> +	ret = _gnutls_update_system_priorities(0 /* defer_system_wide */);

replaced `0` with `false`

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/config_int.h: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442640

> + */
> +
> +#define COPY_ARRAY_NULL_TERMINATE(dst, src, len) \

Oh, right, why didn't I use `memcpy`. Rewriting this one with `memcpy` and unmacroing is just +6 lines, so I unmacroed it.

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented on a discussion on lib/config_int.h: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1533#note_845442644

> + */
> +
> +#define APPEND_TO_NULL_TERMINATED_ARRAY(dst, element) \

After some discussions off the MR, I kept this as is and added a comment explaining other possible approaches if somebody takes on it later. If you insist, I can unmacro.

--

Alexander Sosedkin commented:

Many thanks for a prompt review! Pushing an update to address your concerns above +

1. Two unused error codes around `/* irregularity */` intertwined `sigs*` modifications caught by a static analyzer.
2. The issue where deinit + reinit can prevent FIPS tests from working as relevant algorithms are disabled through `supported`/`flags`. The issue isn't a regression + not sure if we even support deinit + reinit, so I rewrote the test to not reinit, but restart the process (and left invocations testing reinit specifically commented out for the future).