[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Increase Guile version to 3.0 (!1532)

Sun Feb 27 22:52:38 CET 2022

civodul commented:

@dueno Like @ametzler, I see two unrelated changes, and I wonder what the justification of each of these is.

Regarding the first change (requiring Guile >= 3.0), I don't think it's necessary at this point.  Currently, the bindings support Guile versions 1.8 through 3.0 (spanning ~15 years of Guile releases!).  We could consider dropping support for 1.8 and 2.0 in the near future, though (Guile 2.2.0 was released in March 2017).

As for the second change (renaming the `guile-gnutls` module), I think it's unnecessary; the name doesn't really matter since only `gnutls.scm` refers to it.

Thoughts?