[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Fatal error: An unexpected TLS packet was received. (#1310)

Tue Jan 4 16:10:15 CET 2022

Rafal Kowalski commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1310#note_800992426

Well, the Apple documentation https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304 says:

> SSL Required: Yes
 If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
> Port: 587

so I assume it should handle both TLS and STARTTLS on the same port. They don't provide an option to use 465 as far as I can tell.

The crazy thing is that all this setup worked until about two years ago, when it stopped. I couldn't resolve it since. Not sure what happened then though.