[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | fips: provide function to manually run FIPS self-tests (!1598)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jun 3 09:22:29 CEST 2022
Daiki Ueno created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1598
Project:Branches: dueno/gnutls:wip/dueno/force-self-test to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Daiki Ueno
Assignee: Daiki Ueno
FIPS140-3 IG 10.3.E Periodic Self-Testing says:
At security levels 1 and 2, acceptable means for initiating the
periodic self-tests include a provided service, resetting, rebooting
or power cycling.
Neither resetting, rebooting, nor power-cycling is suitable because
those involve operations outside of the module. Therefore this patch
adds a new API to manually run the substance of FIPS140 self-tests.
Suggeested by Richard Costa and Stephan Mueller in:
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [x] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [x] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1598
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel