[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Increase the limit of TLS PSK usernames (!1581)

Mon Jun 27 10:47:49 CEST 2022

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1581 was reviewed by Daiki Ueno

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/auth/rsa_psk.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1581#note_1006304012

> +	if (ret < 0) {
> +		gnutls_assert();
> +		goto cleanup;

Maybe you could simply return here as no cleanup is needed? On the other hand, the code below might need to free `info->username` upon failure, or is it handled separately?

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/auth/srp_kx.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1581#note_1006304022

> +	if (info->username == NULL)
> +		return gnutls_assert_val(GNUTLS_E_MEMORY_ERROR);
> +	_gnutls_str_cpy(info->username, username_length + 1, priv->username);

```suggestion:-3+0
	info->username = gnutls_strdup(priv->username);
	if (info->username == NULL)
		return gnutls_assert_val(GNUTLS_E_MEMORY_ERROR);
```

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/session_pack.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1581#note_1006304024

> -		return GNUTLS_E_INTERNAL_ERROR;
> -	}
> +	if (username_size > MAX_USERNAME_SIZE)

I'm a bit confused: does this `username_size` account for the terminating NULL or not? If yes shouldn't this condition be `username_size > MAX_USERNAME_SIZE + 1`?