[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Crash (0xC0000005) when closing application. (#1380)

Wed Jun 29 09:34:58 CEST 2022

Bjørn Christensen commented:

Since I am getting a crash in _gnutls_rnd_deinit probably when accessing the  rnd_initialized which is declared as threaded. The call stack is from the unload of the DLL.

That seems to me to require that the Random module is intialized and deinitized on the same thread?
My application is running multiple threads, and I am not quite sure which GnuTLS call actually intialized the Random module.

As far as I can see the _gnutls_rnd_init is call on the threads calling gnutls_rnd, but it is very likely that gnutls_rnd have never been called on the thread unloading the dll.

Could that be the cause of the crash I am seing?

/bhc