[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | System key usability issue (#1365)

Wed May 18 19:54:08 CEST 2022

David Woodhouse commented:

> EDIT: Do I see it right that `gnutls` finds a valid cert, but `openconnect` can't interpret the content?

Well, in this case OpenConnect is just using GnuTLS for the underlying crypto operations. Sometimes I *have* done the low-level crypto and implemented TPM support in OpenConnect itself (which later got imported into GnuTLS). But this one is *all* GnuTLS. I would phrase it as _"GnuTLS finds a valid cert, but fails when OpenConnect asks it to actually *use* that cert"_