[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Indent code? (#1419)

Fri Nov 4 23:22:38 CET 2022

Daiki Ueno commented:

I think it would be nice if the check could (1) apply different indentation rules per directory, (2) allow us to selectively disable the check even in a same source file, and (3) detect the issues as early as possible in the CI (or in a pre-commit hook, e.g., using [pre-commit](https://pre-commit.com/) tool). (1) and (2) are supported using clang-format (through `.clang-format` file in each directory and `/* clang-format off */` comment), though I'm not sure if this GNU indent based approach has such flexibility. For (3), afaik all `sc_*` rules require the project is bootstrapped.