[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Preserve backward compatibility of FIPS .hmac file location (#1435)

Tue Nov 29 03:13:03 CET 2022

Daiki Ueno created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1435

During the process of consolidating 4 .hmac files (for gnutls, nettle, and gmp) into a single file (!1562), we have changed the .hmac file path from `.libgnutls.so.*.hmac` to `.gnutls.hmac`. This turned out to cause a problem, as some tools, such as dracut, are still [expecting](https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/blob/4a9b165de0ee0184dffb02c9223ff41aa0aeb903/src/install/dracut-install.c#L629) the old naming convention.

While technically it would be possible to fix dracut to copy `.gnutls.hmac`, I suggest going a little backwards and rename it back to `.libgnutls.so.*.hmac` as it feels unwise to add a special case for GnuTLS.