[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: KTLS key update support (!1625)

Thu Sep 1 08:27:47 CEST 2022

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on tests/gnutls_ktls_keyupdate.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1625#note_1084760056

> +			 goto end;\
> +	}\
> +}
> +
> +
> +static void server_log_func(int level, const char *str)
> +{
> +	fprintf(stderr, "server|<%d>| %s", level, str);
> +}
> +
> +static void client_log_func(int level, const char *str)
> +{
> +	fprintf(stderr, "client|<%d>| %s", level, str);
> +}
> +
> +sem_t mutex_client;

Sorry, I was wrong on that POSIX semaphores can also be used for synchronizing processes, though it requires some special setup when initializing them with `sem_init`, which is not currently in place:

>       If  pshared is nonzero, then the semaphore is shared between processes,
>       and should be located in a region of shared  memory  (see  shm_open(3),
>       mmap(2),  and  shmget(2)).

Or you could simply use `sem_open`.

While I suggested using pipes, since our KTLS support only works on Linux, I guess it would also be acceptable to use POSIX semaphores, if you prefer. We would just need a configure check for that.